Friday, March 5, 2010

New camera!

I am sorry for not updating the blog this week. Blogspot.com is blocked for some reason here in China and my VPN-connection has not been working for the last couple of days. I am trying a new one and hope fully this one is more stable.
Another thing before I get to the subject. Calls to my Skype account (hanfre79) are forwarded to my cellphone if I don't answer within 7 seconds or if I am offline. It is free of charge for you but costs me 0.2 öre/min or 0.02 Euro/min so it is very cheap. Feel free to call me but please have in mind that I am in a different time zone. (CET+7)

I wanted a camera for quite some time now and pictures is something I really want to bring back home. Since I forgot my fathers camera in Göteborg I decided to buy a new one. My first choice was Nikon D3000 and noticed the price was about the same as in Sweden. But for some reason the Nikon D5000 is much cheaper so I started to reconsider, because you can film in HD with that one. The prices differed a few hundred Yuan between the stores, but 2 Chinese friends showed me a pure camera store that was about 600:- cheaper. After a good night sleep I went to buy it. For some reason they gave me discount so it became 1000:- cheaper  than the others. Along with the camera I bought a lens, 4GB memory card, UV-filter, anti back light and very practical bag. All in all for the price of ~5500:-

Can't want until the weather is good enough for some pictures. Not it is about 10°C and rain. Last night we had quite a show outside. The thunder was so intense that we thought a war was going on. Flashes every 5:th seconds. Beautiful to watch but messed up my sleep. They say that this happens every year at this night to wake up the hibernating insects. Today is known as "The Awakening of Insects".

Later tonight I will update the blog with pictures and stories about food, shopping ect. I wanted to do that all week. See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, kul att du fått tag på en bra kamera nu!
    Ska bli skoj att se lite bilder =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you got the camera (with a reasonable price!)..now no excuses for not adding pictures, I'm looking forward to your next post with delicious pictures :))
    /Naseem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, thanks for the comments.
    Yea I will update with more pictures of the surroundings when the weather gets better. I really love this camera and will use it every day :)

    ReplyDelete