Friday, March 26, 2010

The plans for today and more

Good morning Europe and good day China!
The afternoon's lecture was canceled and we do not complain. The weather is beautiful and it was a long time ago since I saw such a blue sky. To good to spend the afternoon inside a classroom. I must study really, but I will skip it at head down town for shopping clothes with Armin. We are also in the need of a tailor's skills because Armins pants has a couple of extra holes and my pair is too long. The tailor charges 3 RMB per pants so it is really cheap, but usually we pay her extra for the good work.

The tailor and Hong Wan Peng, a friendly local

If there is time enough we will try a local tea house along with some of the other foreigners, and after that we will most probably go to a club for some drinks. Andy, a new Chinese friend will show us some places. I have been  to a few bars for foreigners but I do not really like it. I can visit such places at home and I really do want to connect with the Chinese people.

The past week has been filled with studies, studies and studies. I had an examination this Wednesday in Statistical methods and I think it went OK. There will be another re-exam in one month if I fail this one, and it will not be a problem. Due to all studies I put the blog on low priority as you may understand.
I will dedicate this weekend to fun activities, I could really use that now. Just working makes me a bit dull.
And oh! I got a job offer  from the international student coordinator which I accepted. The job is about teaching English to the local police officers during evenings. That can be challenging and fun! I can also learn something from it and the pay is really good. A full time English teacher can earn about 10 000 RMB a month. Compare that with a normal salary of 3000 RMB/month. China lacks of such teachers and the demand is very high. Some classmates teaches English to kids and are payed 200 RMB/hour.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend! Hopefully I will update the blog with new happenings, but have lots of catching up to do as well about old events. More things happens than I have time to write about. No complaining here, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment