Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First sign of summer

It is finally here! I am talking about the summer. As I have mentioned in previous posts; Ningbo was very very cold the past week. But now that seems to be changing. Right now we have a radiating sun on the sky and it looks like it is 25°C outside, but it is really only 5°C and a bit windy. But, the good new is the weather forecast shows 16°C tomorrow and 24°C this weekend! We are going on a trip to the beautiful West Lake located in Hangzhou on Saturday, so the warm weather is mostly welcome. I am very happy about that, because it gives me a chance to use my camera in the beautiful surroundings. Tomorrow I will look for a nice and handy camera support.

Anyway, this post was meant to be about food, summer food. With the topic I did not mean the sun or the heat, I meant another sign of summer. Can you imagine anything more summer like than strawberries? We tried the first Chinese strawberry yesterday and it tasted wonderful! I have always been a big fan of Swedish strawberries, but the Chinese ones tastes as good or even better. Perhaps that is because it has been a while since we had them.
Simon with a Chinese strawberry

While shopping yesterday I noticed something in the shelves, something more usual than strawberries in March; blueberry flavored crisps. Because I promised myself to try new things I just had to give it a shot. Maybe this is the least weird thing that I have tried here, but still...
Surprisingly, the crisps tasted quite nice! I will get another bag next time I am in store, for sure.
Blueberry crisps

I just came home from a health examination. That was needed in order to extend my Visa. I will tell you all about that experience later. Now it is time for Chinese class, "Listening and speaking". Zai jian!

2 comments:

  1. MMMMMMMM strawberrys....yum !! But blueberry crisps...is that really good ? Sounds kind of vierd...hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds weird, is weird, but tastes quite good.

    ReplyDelete