Thursday, July 15, 2010

A few days left

I have been quite productive the past week and it feels great. I managed to solve many problems and I also received some good news. That feels extra great because lots of things have been stressing my mind way over my limit the past weeks. I do need a vacation now and just take care of myself.
Where was I? Productive, yes! Seems like I have something to go back to in Sweden. How long I will stay I don't know. I figured that if I went to China I can go where ever I want, and I am a bit curious about France. We will see. Things can change really fast, and that has been proven to me several times the past weeks, for good and bad. I don't really know what to write in this post so I will just see where the words are taking me.

It's time to go home now. I will go to Shanghai early on Tuesday morning to fly home via Amsterdam. I will leave this country with split feelings. Sure, it will be nice to go home, but I'm sure I will miss China a lot. The thing that keeps me here right now is my friends, even if I unfortunately don't get along with all of them at the moment. Hopefully that changes before I leave, I still love them. However, they will leave as well, so there is no reason for me to stay because of that. Travelling inside Europe is simple so the distance should not be an excuse for not meeting again. Now it is time to get serious and move along. Time to stop playing and make some money. That is what I plan to do next. My time in China enhanced my opportunities for the future. I made more friends here than I could wish for and I plan to stay in touch with them. My dear friends really made my time in China the best time in my life so far. Also I made lots of connections, and I hope they will be beneficial for my upcoming plans. The Chinese people calls it GuanXi, relationships and personal network.

On Sunday I will have a dinner with one of my former students to discuss what we shall do next. Our plan is to do some kind of join venture when I am back in Europe. This will be very exciting for all of us I think. It's hard to find people in China that you really can trust while doing business so I think I am lucky. I don't know what will come out of this, but if I fail I have at least tried and learned something along the way. That is the story of my life so far and I believe that it can be time to enjoy the fruits of it in a near future.

I planned to write about my sisters visit and a song performance I did a few weeks ago, but I feel to tired so I will leave that for the weekend. Now it is time to relax with a coffee or a cold beer as only company on my balcony. Thanks for reading, more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe flight Hendrik. Thank you for writing your blog it has been very helpful as I plan to head down there within the next year or so. Do you see yourself coming back to China?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Royal!
    Though I wish I had more time to keep it frequently updated. If you are heading this way, please let me know if you need any help getting a job or anything else.
    I will most probably go back to China. Great country, easy living.

    ReplyDelete