Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mayday

I woke up from a nice dream about one hour ago, at 06:00. I dreamed that I was photographing a sports event in a stadium and my pictures were marvelous! Of course, I woke up empty handed but at least I had some inspiration. I decided to go out for a walk. It would be nice with a shower or a bath, but I lack a bathtub and I do not want to wake up my 'wife' Simon with water-pipe music. Even though I only had 5 hours of sleep I feel like a million bucks today. 06:20 outside I was met by bird-songs and pleasant fragrance from unknown flowers. The birds sounds nothing like home, but then again; neither do the people here. The sun was already high on the sky filling the campus with light. I grabbed my camera and started a walk around the lake located in the area. There were no wind at all so the reflections on the surface were really great so I had a few good pictures. Posting a sample below.
Main library building


I was surprised to see how many students that were active at this time of day. Guess that many are heading for their homes in other cities. Today is a holiday, labor day, and most people are having 3 days off. The Chinese call it May day. Hmm...May day. Makes sense now when I write it. People have been talking about "mayday" for a few days now and I was wondering if they were in some kind of distress.
Anyway, I was glad to see that the food stands were already open because it was time for breakfast. I went to a hole in the wall that serves some kind of pancake. You can fill it with different ingredients, and I chose egg, leek, tea-leaves and some kind of tortilla. A pretty good meal for only 2.5 Yuan (~2.5 SEK).

I love working in the morning and now I really need it. Got tons of things to do. The fragrance of fresh coffee has already filled the room, but I will move the laptop to the balcony. It is a good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment